Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Recap

I had a pretty good weekend. Minus my muscle knots hurting pretty bad here and there. I'm seriously texting my brother today to see if he can get me in with his massage instructor to assess my issues, and if not at the very least he can hopefully provide some basic short term relief. It feels worse.

I've been asked why I don't get on muscle relaxers and that's because I try to avoid medicine as much as possible. I've always had a strong reaction to them. From the research I've done, muscle relaxers don't just relax your muscles, they relax all of you. It's basically a sedative. I'm afraid of constantly being out of it. I have a 9 month old that doesn't always sleep through the night so I'm already sleepy. Another reason is that I'm afraid that the muscle relaxers will just mask the problem and I won't really know if it's getting better or worse because I won't really feel it. 

Enough about that though, lets talk about the good things. Friday I did a lot of cleaning, went grocery shopping and bought myself some flowers lol. They were marked down to $4.99. How could I resist these pretty peach colored roses!

(On a side note, I can't wait to get rid of that awful wallpaper in my kitchen and paint the walls)

On Saturday, I met up with some of friends to plan another friend's wedding. I also picked up my dress and shoes-that I can't wait to wear! I got home around 5 pm and started dinner. It was a late dinner, but completely worth it.



Before 2 months ago, I have honestly never cooked summer squash. I can't believe I've been missing out all this time. It's sooo good. You must try this recipe. Squash has become a staple in this household now.

Ingredients:

6 medium summer squash , sliced
¼ cup butter
1 medium onion , sliced thinly or diced
salt & pepper

Directions:
1. Melt butter in large skillet.
2. Add onion and cook just till tender.
3. Add yellow squash and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring until squash begins to soften.
4. Cover and continue cooking over low heat until nice and tender (usually about 20-25 minutes).
5. I add lots of salt and pepper

Sunday, I did a lot of sewing and then joined H and the girls at my in-laws to have barbecue and watch the Oscar's. I'm sure the blogosphere is blowing up today with Oscar posts so I'll spare you one more. :)

Hope everyone else had a good weekend. Did you do anything fun?


No comments:

Post a Comment