Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Random Wednesday..

I can't say there's too many exciting things going on lately hence the lack of posts. Monday my parents came over to help me do some things. Tuesday I had an old co-worker over for lunch and yesterday I took Layla to baby storytime at the library, and then went to my parent's house in the evening.

My brothers friend was over there and I had a Reiki session with her. Before yesterday, I didn't know what Reiki was. I thought it was a form of massage. Reiki is a specific type of subtle energy work in which healing is performed by the touch of the hands, allowing the flow of the energy from a limitless source to the patient via the Reiki practitioner. It is extremely powerful, yet gentle energy that can be easily channelled to yourself and others, just by intention. The session was about 15 minutes and she didn't place her hands on me at all. I layed on my back with a scarf over my eyes and just focused on my breathing, I also prayed over and over for healing. At one point I did feel what I describe as energy from my head to my fingertips. I felt in a sense like I was floating also. I wasn't expecting any miracles after one Reiki session but my head felt clear and I felt more aware for awhile. It was interesting.

In other news, let's see what's going on with the kiddos. The baby is busy growing. I want to say I have felt some movements but it's so hard to tell. There has been the slightest pressure feeling and I did feel like a wave at one point yesterday. Serena received her costume on Tuesday for her upcoming ballet recital in May. It's so pretty and I can't wait to see the performance. Layla has not been napping well during the day. I rock her to sleep and as soon as I put her in the crib she'll wake up and won't go back to sleep. I even let her cry it out for a little while yesterday morning and still she would not go to sleep. So for the past two days she has not had a decent nap and I need her to go to sleep! I've been so exhausted because I'm not getting that break which means I spend more time toting her around.



This was yesterday. As you can see she was sound asleep next to her baby brother or sister and the minute she was placed in her crib, she was up. Sigh....


No comments:

Post a Comment