Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

H&M Maternity Line Review..

This past Friday I needed to get out of the house. Serena had been in Chicago visiting my relatives with my mother and I'd been pretty much holed up since Wednesday. It's been really muggy and hot and the mosquitos love to bite Layla so we'd been staying indoors mostly. Well come Friday after lunch I was tired of staying indoors so Layla and I headed out to Willowbrook Mall here in Houston. A new H& M store opened the day before and I'd been itching to check it out. The first H&M store I ever went in was the Chicago one in 2012 and I fell in love. So many affordable, cute, trendy items. 

The odd thing is, when I went I was 21 weeks pregnant and here I am back at 22 weeks pregnant. Funny coincidence!

So off Layla and I went and when we got there it was packed. Well of course it was seeing how it was only the second day it had been open, but I figured since I went during the day it wouldn't be so bad. Wrong! It was bad. Trying to maneuver through the crowd with a stroller was a joke. I wish I would of had more time to stop and admire more clothing items but big momma here with a stroller had to keep moving around. We wandered over to the children's section and there in a little corner I noticed they had maternity clothes.

Perfect. Not a single person was in that section so I was able to take my time and pick out a few items. It didn't take long because pickings were slim. I selected 3 items and strolled off towards the dressing room. The line was soooo long and I waited about 20 minutes and in the end I bought nothing. Oh well. I'm picky what can I say.

The first item I tried on was a pair of full panel orange jeans that are supposed to be capris but on my 5'1 frame they were more like pants. I could have rolled them up more, but it would have looked better if they were more tapered on my leg. They just made me look wide and stumpy. I also didn't like how they made my butt look. The pockets sat too low. These were a size 4 I tried on.



The second item I tried on was a stretchy tan basic maternity top that also came in orange, black and white. I liked it but this was a size medium and a little roomy everywhere. If they would have had a small, I would have bought it. I think it was around $10.



The next item I tried on was the MAMA top. Out of the items I tried on, this was the only one I found listed on their website.


The top is not really my style but I love pink and it was the only pink item I saw. I tried on a size small and it  was comfortable with plenty of room to grow. Retails for $34.95



So there you have it. I hope this was helpful to any of you soon-to-be-mommies that have an H&M nearby. I can't wait to go back once I'm not pregnant anymore.


2 comments:

  1. I love the pink top, it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink top, it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete