Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Serena turns 10!

I'm behind on this post, but my first born turned 10 on Monday. I can't believe it. Time just goes by so fast.
 
 I miss when she was little.
 
She was an easy baby and I like to think, we've sort of grown up together. I was 20 when I had her. I was so young and knew nothing about babies. I learned with her and took her everywhere with me. She is such a huge help with the girls and very sweet and sensitive. I could however do without the sass and back talk but we continue to work on it. It's also a little difficult raising someone who is opposite of you. I was more of an introvert growing up and I like peace and quiet. Serena on the other hand will talk about everything and anything! I like to think H and I have done a decent job of raising her so far. There are so many things I'm still learning as a mother and all I can hope for is that I don't make too many mistakes. I also want to make sure Serena doesn't feel left out seeing how a toddler and newborn can't do anything for themselves.
 
Since her birthday fell on a Monday, we did some fun things on Sunday. I took her and a friend to watch the new movie Wreck-It-Ralph, which was really awesome by the way, and then I took her to get a Pedicure.
 
 
You'll have to excuse my tired face and awkward pose but this was just 6 days post partum! Don't be fooled either. There was still a belly under there, the dress just hid it. Look at how tall Serena is though. I'm 5'1 and she's almost my height.


The next day (her actual birthday), I took her to get some donuts before school and for dinner we went to her favorite restaurant followed by presents at home. This was the first time she didn't have a party but she had fun with the activities we did. My parents also came over the next day with food, cake and a present for her so essentially she had three days of celebrating. :)

 


1 comment:

  1. she already looks like a very mature young woman!!

    ReplyDelete