Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Not quite feeling blue



I thought I'd post a quick outfit. Now that I'm getting more comfortable in my skin postpartum, I'm trying to make it a point to get dressed more often--even if I'm not leaving my house. Like I used too when it was just Layla and I at home. I wore this outfit for Superbowl Sunday since we had some people over. The weather was beautiful. Not too hot and not too cold so it was perfect for a long one sleeve top that I bought from Charlotte Russe a while back.

You know looking at these pictures I felt a little down. I can tell I look pale and I don't feel like my old self. Last week was tough. I might even say I was briefly touched by a hint of postpartum anxiety. I'm continuing to monitor it and I will post about it another time. I am however making it a point to get outside more and step away without the girls, even if it's just for a little while. I'm sure with the weather warming up soon, I'll feel better again and hopefully Mariam will start mellowing out a little. 

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the way I look right now. I'm back to my prepregnancy size but I feel so pale and blah looking! It probably also has to do with the winter weather! I need the summer sun!!

    I hope that things get better for you! Will be thinking of you momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you start to feel better! i have postpartum depression/anxiety. if you want to chat lmk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the hardest time getting out of yoga pants and a tee shirt lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great...I am sure winter doesn't help those feelings though. It is good to recognize them, and I hope you can get out a bit more - some sunshine will help! xoxo

    ReplyDelete