Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Let's take our kids to a wedding..

Said no parent in their right mind ever! What was I thinking? Oh wait I know what I was thinking. I was thinking that we couldn't find a last minute babysitter and I wanted...no needed to get out of the house, wear grown up clothes and have some semblance of a life outside of family and business. 

My little brother's best friend got married this past Saturday and initially I could of put us down for 5 but thought I would have a sitter. We were just going to cancel, but we checked with the groom and it was fine that we brought the little terrors. Luckily the girls already had dresses and shoes I whipped out of their closets. When we arrived at the reception, I thought they would be distracted by the food and festivities, but that only kept their attention for so long. Before you knew it, Layla and Mariam were running through the dance floor (before the dancing started) and were purposely trying to get me to chase them. I employed other tactics instead of chasing them around like a nut, but H and I often had to take them out into the lobby until we thought they were ready to go back in. The wedding was lovely and I'm sure the girls enjoyed themselves, but this is the LAST wedding they will attend until they get older. Serena behaved fine of course and was super helpful in helping H and I wrangle them. 


Blurry cellphone pics but the best I could quickly muster up. 



Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a post a few weeks back on NEVER taking my children to any more weddings! It's no fun for us (the parents). They probably provided lots of fun entertainment for the other guests, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really worried and shed lots of tears during the week of my wedding. But walking into that hall was such an amazing moment.

    ReplyDelete