Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Putting in the time....

{Pinboard: HomeGoods. Similar here}

So uh...I'm currently trying to write to you fine folks with my baby on my lap. I was hoping she'd stay sleeping once we got back from picking up her sister from school, but that was wishful thinking. This kid still hates sleeping I tell ya. Her sleeping habits actually have had an impact on my business since I brought her home from the hospital. The first few years when the business was in it's infancy, the majority of my work was done at night after the first 3 girls went to sleep. I'd stay up until midnight or 1:00 am, sometimes 2:00 am chugging away on my sewing machine and watching Netflix. Printing and packaging would take place at night too, along with lining up the next day's social media posts. During the day with the kids, I would answer emails and do whatever quick work I could do that involved my laptop and my phone, and wouldn't infringe on their time when I needed to be mom.  I have had a seamstress off and on throughout the years, and have help when I need it, but for the most part I like to do it all. It's the best quality control right? 

With the demands of a busy family and the organizations I'm involved in such as the Junior League, I'd say I'm in a good spot right now with my business that works for me. I still haven't been able to put in as much time as I used too the first few years, but because I worked so hard, I was able to establish my brand. In other words, I did my due diligence, I put my time in and orders still come in on their own--in which I am thankful for. I've also grown my brand to include several items besides baby bibs. That being said, I still work my butt off to maximize the time I do have for my business, the brand and my children. It's not easy and not for the faint of heart. You have to be a master multi-tasker for sure! I couldn't quit the business even if I tried though, It gives me great pride to construct something unique, functional and beautiful for my customers. Designing and making is my life. Stay tuned you never know what's coming next!




No comments:

Post a Comment