Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Birthday weekend wrap-up + Summer plans

Friday was my birthday and the last day of summer. Much to celebrate! The day started out pretty good but quickly morphed into another busy day of chauffering my kids around. By 5:00 pm I was hangry mom because once again I only managed to fit in like two bites for lunch. I wanted to celebrate with the kids also so H suggested Benihana at Lauderdale by the sea. The food was so-so, but the experience was fun for the kids. Afterwards we drove down a little and walked to the beach, and then had more dessert at a sweet shop. It really did end up being a great night. 

I wish I had gotten non-grainy pictures of my dress, but I'm always rushing and H is always rushing me, and it's hard to get decent pictures of my outfits when I'm with him. This dress is super cute for the summer and when I bought it in person it was $22.99, but online it's $34.99. It fits true to size and is super comfortable. My wedges are a few years old from PacSun. I linked something similar below.


Strapless shirt dress: {Macy's}
Orange wedges: {Shesimplyshops}
Straw clutch: {Michael's}
White tassel earrings: {Target}

The next day we had an awards gala that night and I still hadn't found a new dress. Usually Lord & Taylor is my go to spot but I actually couldn't find anything that fit right. I also tried Macy's and also nothing. I headed to Saks fifth avenue outlet and kicked myself for not remembering to go there in the first place. They carry a lot of smaller sizes and I found a really pretty strapless coral dress. 


Coral Likely dress: {Saksfifthavenue} similar. Online there are several colors but the top isn't scalloped.



Turquoise statement necklace: {Stellaandruby}

Sunday we relaxed a bit and took the kids to the park. We also signed them up for a few summer camps. Layla will be doing 3 camps and Mariam will be doing 2. It was pretty hard to convince her to do any. Ava is still to young for camps and Serena will be staying busy with babysitting one of my neighbors kids down the street and volunteering. We don't have any out-of-state trips planned this summer but one of my nephew's is coming early July and then my other nephew and my older brother mid July. He'll be helping us remodel our Florida room and possibly a few other things around the house if time permits. I have high hopes of a pleasant summer with the kids, but they are unpredicatable ha-ha, so I'm already working on ways to be more zen and reduce my stress level. I still have my business as well that needs my time so I have to have a good plan to give everything and everyone the attention it/they need. 

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment