Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Mariam's Birthday Party Recap

We threw Mariam's first birthday party this past Saturday and it went great! I did a fall harvest theme which was perfect because I was able to get all the decorations for 60-70% off. Score! I don't know about you, but I love a good deal. I only wish I had gotten better pictures and had more time to spend on the decor. I guess with only having a week to plan it wasn't too shabby. 

Yes talk about procrastinating big time on this. Bad mommy! Would I have liked to have done the first birthday cake photoshoot? Sure. Would I have liked to have had an awesome decorated table with all these goodies--heck even created a goody bag for the kids? Yes, but time got away from me. I had Layla and Serena to still tend too, I hit a busy period with the business and Halloween was the same week. Oh well. The food was good, family was all there and my Mariam was happy. That's all that mattered. 


This banner would have come out awesome had I not left out the H! Obviously someone doesn't know how to spell once it hits midnight. Nonetheless I put it up anyways ha!


Another DIY I tried to do was gold polka dot balloons. Gosh much harder than I thought. Do they sell these anywhere? Sheesh.


Ah but my leaf garland did turn out quite nice.


Her bib from my fall line that matched her harvest theme perfectly got filthy with cake and even blackberry on the collar, but it all washed right out after going through the washer. 


So all in all, I'm sad that Mariam is now one, but glad to have the party behind me. I just have Serena's birthday to celebrate next week and then that should wrap up all the birthday parties for the rest of the year.


3 comments: