Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

My word(s) for 2014


"Be wise enough to let go when you should and strong enough to hold on when you must"


I liked this quote because my word for 2014 is "letting go". Letting go of everything needing to be perfect. I've been a neat and organized person since I was little and I'm highly competitive. It drives me...and it suffocates me. I've said before that having two babies so close in age has been one of the hardest things I've been through, especially because the baby was colicky and now at almost 14 months she is still very high needs and sensitive. Having three girls and trying to be a perfect wife with a clean house and dinner on the table...and maintaining a business mainly at night. It can get exhausting, but I love it. I manage because I'm excellent at planning and multi-tasking, however I've now let my obsession with cleanliness and order get in the way quite a few times of spending some quality time with the girls during the day. I'm constantly picking up after them! They are little hurricanes let me tell you, but I'm going to be better about just letting it go.

Linking up to the Make it count 2014 link up. You should too! I don't always participate in link-ups, but I'm really glad I did with this one, because it made me reflect on something I've been wanting to be better about.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment