Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Thankful

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and if you're shopping out there today on Black Friday, well be careful and try not to get too annoyed by people. I know I probably would, so I think it's best I just stay home this weekend with the girls if I can. I don't have much patience for long lines and crowds.

Thanksgiving was delicious and fun, but a little different this year. It's only the second I've ever spent away from my parents, but the first where I knew my parents weren't together anymore. I mentioned it only once before but they divorced this summer. It still seems weird to acknowledge it. I missed my mom yesterday and thought about my dad's and my brothers coping with their own thoughts on Thanksgiving this year, but I also remembered that I'm a big girl who has her own family now. H and I will be making our own traditions now with our girls. 

There is a time for everything and a season for every activity so today I'm thankful. Thankful for my husband that loves me even through my shortcomings and my bad days. Thankful for my three girls who are healthy and happy. My family is my whole world.


Thankful for my extended family who are also healthy for the most part. I mentioned a month ago about a very stressful time when my father was sick and he was recently diagnosed with Lupus, but I'm happy to report that he's been doing so great. He started a regimen of a few medications once the doctors figured out what he had and is now symptom free. He's feeling like his old self currently and that's the best we can wish for. 

Thankful for my business that helps me provide for my family and that has also given me a great gift of being able to help others. It's allowed me to contribute and donate to organizations that either provide assistance for children who have cancer or need medical assistance, or for families in need. I know it sounds crazy but since I was in elementary, I used to imagine that I was going to be a designer and have a factory and be able to help those in need. It's weird to know on a small scale I'm accomplishing some of the dreams I had as a child. It's also amazing having an outlet to create and share my creations with the world.



I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment