Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Ava 5 months!


Weight
At her doctor's appointment last week she weighed 13.5 lbs. She's such a little chunks the munk's and I love it! Her squishy little thighs are exactly how Layla's were when she was a baby. I can't stop squeezing them! 

Health
Ava has been healthy from the start but I knew it would happen eventually with 3 other sisters who seem to constantly have a cold that cycles between them now that 2 of them are in school. She seems to have gotten a cold Tuesday morning. She was stuffy and feverish and sounded hoarse when she cried. I suspected croup after doing some research but I'm not 100% sure. I got her fever down with tylenol and it stayed away after that first day. The hoarsness also sounds much better. I debated with H about taking her to the doctor but since she improved on the second day we decided to just watch her closely and see if the symptoms improved. So far so good.

Sleep
Terrible! Still terrible. There are some early early hours of the morning where you might find me crying over it. It's truly exhausting and frustrating. There isn't much H can do. She doesn't want to be soothed by him in the night because she expects to nurse. I don't even ask him anymore to take shifts. A couple times he has slept in the living room so her and I can co-sleep comfortably but I end up just nursing her several times in the bed like I always do.

Clothes
She is in 6-9 month clothing and some 12 month. I can't believe how big she is now! It's going by too fast. 

Diet
Still breastfeeding like a champ. We plan on starting her on solids at 6 months. 

Crying
She's been better. Still likes to be held constantly though so I'll alternate with my arms, the moby wrap or the bjorn.


Milestones
Well her hair is still growing like crazy and it's gotten even curlier. I always have people stopping me to talk about her hair. The biggest milestone this month is she is cutting her first tooth! Aww my baby. She's not afraid to use it either let me tell ya. The first day it cut which was on Monday she was already trying to bite me. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment