Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

DIY Faux Greenery Hoop


Spring has officially sprung and there's nothing like florals and greenery that really marks the season! If I could have flowers and lace everywhere in my home I probably would. I love a feminine nest, buuuuuttttt....at the same time, I also try to stay conscientious that a man lives here and while he's surrounded by girls, I feel like I don't want to suffocate him with femininity if that makes sense. He lets me take the lead on decorating but I also like to hear his opinion on some of it. When he's in the mood for house projects we make a pretty good team. Or is it more that I start them and he has to finish them if they involve power tools ha-ha! I'm more of the painter than anything.

I've had a large french provincial mirror I painted that hangs on the main breakfast nook wall, but I felt like something was missing. Embroidery hoop decor is a design trend that has really been prominent lately. It's inexpensive and there are tons of different ways you can go with it. I'd been meaning to try it out for myself and I finally bought the materials I needed last month. These hoops are super quick to make!

Materials needed

Green floral wire
Wire cutters
Embroidery hoop(s) of your choice size
Your greenery or florals


I always like to keep green floral wire on hand. There is a lot of projects you can do with it. Something I recently used it for was a real flower birthday number for Mariam's pictures.


Ok, so the first thing you want to do is go ahead and figure out where you want to place the greenery or floral on the hoop. 


Next you want to cut little pieces of the wire and have those handy on the side. I don't recommend just cutting one long piece of wire. Having small pieces you can do it in sections better and if you mess up on a part, it's a quick fix without having to undo the whole wire. 

 Just start winding the pieces of wire around the stem and hoop to secure it as tightly as you can without poking yourself. 

Once I got to the end I didn't like how the stem was poking out. It's hard and not easily bendable, so I cut off pieces of the leaves to fill in that spot and cover it up. You can also fill in any sparse spots you see.


Here is how the back looks


Walla! You are finished!


Just go on and hang them wherever your little heart desires.




No comments:

Post a Comment