Pages

Friday, August 17, 2018

Summer lemonade stand & we survived the first week of school!

With the craziness of back to school, I haven't had a chance to write about our first lemonade stand! Mariam and Layla had been asking me all summer and I kept pushing it back until I realized summer vacation was about to be over. We did it the Saturday before school started and they killed it. Sold out of everything! It wasn't just fresh squeezed lemonade, homemade chocolate chip cookies were also sold.

We were out there for a few hours and the weather seemed questionable at times, and Ava made me carry her a lot, but it was worth it. At night when I peeled off my shirt to shower and my arms were sore and I realized how physically tired I was, I thought about how we as mother's sacrifice so much for their children. It was me who squeezed all the lemons and baked all the cookies, but all the glory went to them and it was 100% worth it. The pride they had when they sold everything and the excitement of reaching their goal was a great feeling for me. With their earnings they bought something quite special that they are soooo excited about and have been wanting for awhile. I'll be sharing what it is soon!


How cute are these treat bags from Target!


We had a cooler with ice under the table and more cookies that we would refill. So fun!

Onto school this week. It was a great first week! I'm so relieved Mariam who started kindergarten didn't give me a hard time at all! 

2nd grade

10th grade

Kindergarten

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment