Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Saving on text books and helping those in need..


I must be behind in the times because how did I not know that you could rent college textbooks online? Why didn't they have this when I was going years ago? Or maybe they did and I just never heard of it?
 
What a novel idea. Had I known, I could of saved money by renting from campusbookrentals.com Instead I have stacks of college books I never even use. I think maybe I've only referenced one book that was on marketing years after I graduated. The rest just sit there collecting dust! Campus book rentals offers new and gently used textbooks for typically less than half the price you'll pay in your school bookstore. Along with their live help, they offer monthly giveaways, textbook scholarships, and other prizes. They also have a 30 day risk free guarantee.

Rent Textbooks

One of the other neat things about this company is that they are commited to making a difference! They are partnered with Operation Smile which is a great organization that performs life changing cleft lip surgeries on children whose families could otherwise not afford it. Cleft lip and Cleft palate are facial and oral malformations that occur very early in pregnancy. Clefting results when there is not enough tissue in the mouth or lip area, and the tissue that is available does not join together properly. Cleft lip affects one in 700 babies annually, and is the fourth most common birth defect in the U.S.

As a mother, I can only imagine how another mother must feel whose child is born with a physical deformity. Aside from it's physical attributes, it can cause eating problems, hearing loss, speech problems, and dental problems. We all want our children to be healthy, but what does one do when their child is not, and they can't do anything about it because they don't have the means?
 
That's whats great about companies like Campus Book Rentals that want to make a difference. You can too by visiting Operation Smile and purchasing products that support their cause. I'm particularly interested in Charlie Banana which is a luxury brand of cloth diapers since H and I are interested in cloth diapering Mariam soon. There are also other ways to give by either donating, or holding a fundraiser.


No comments:

Post a Comment