Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Life Lately

 
This week has been challenging to say the least and yesterday was particularly rough. I know everything is harder when you are running on a little bit of sleep, and I knew this was going to be
hard, but I wasn't expecting Mariam to be such a high needs baby. She gets colicky and constantly wants to be held. Poor Layla, I hardly even get a chance to play with her because Mariam is constantly attached to me either nursing or just wanting to be held. I feel like all I do is tell Layla "NO!" since she is in EVERYTHING.
 
Yesterday I yelled at her after she kept bothering Mariam when she was trying to sleep and then I felt guilty for the rest of the day. A lot of tears were shed and I really had thoughts like I wasn't cut out for this, and what have we gotten ourselves into? Sometimes I find it miraculous that I've managed to get Layla and I fed breakfast and lunch. Of course my meals are practically scarfed down because Mariam has a top notch hot food alarm.
 
I mean really! How do these babies know the moment your food is ready?!
 
I know this will pass and I'll get through it, but I need to vent. Talking it out helps. I called my mom yesterday and one of my dear friends came over in the afternoon and it was better. I'm good at handling most things, I'm an excellant multi-tasker but this has been kicking my butt. I'm just glad tomorrow is Saturday because it means a lot more help around here. On the bright side, my baby bjorn should be arriving today so I can start wearing Mariam and having my hands free. I hope she likes it. I also have a hair appointment tomorrow so I'm looking forward to getting a small break.
 
If any of you guys have some tips on dealing with a newborn and a toddler, I'd love to hear them! Have a great weekend.


5 comments:

  1. I have felt this way a lot and I only have 1 baby so far! Just know you're doing a great job and you are exactly the mother these 2 girls need! Hang in there and I hope you enjoy your hair appointment tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could have written this post almost word for word. My high needs baby and toddler are kicking my butt! My Moby wrap is the only thing I have to get me through. My first was also like this so I know it gets easier but the guilt I have about my inability to care for my toddler the same way I used to is hard. We'll get through and it will all end up ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear babies have a GPS system haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know exactly how you feel! and babywearing will save you i promise! lyla was extremely high needs...i literally wore her 24/7. if you need any babywearing help lmk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a two month old and a busy toddler, too. Wearing her in the moby at home and the ergo or Bjorn out has saved my sanity. Great find on the Bjorn!

    ReplyDelete