Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend in Austin

This weekend H and I finally got a little getaway in without the kids. We went with two other couples (our closest friends) and had a blast! We left Friday around noon and got back yesterday. It was sooo nice to get a break from daily life. October has been an extremely stressful month with my father being sick and waiting on his diagnosis and dealing with a lawyer on a situation from years and years ago. On top of all that, the business had been extremely busy with wholesale orders, working with a flash sale site and the new collection. My stress level was through the roof. I literally cried off and on several times last week. 

This getaway was much much needed and you know what? I feel so much better. I've mentioned before that I'm terrible about having some time away from the kids, and just kicking back and relaxing even at home. It takes a lot to keep a household of 5 running smoothly. I keep saying I need to take some more time to myself, but then I don't, and when I do, I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. 

We stayed at the Omni resort and spa at Barton Creek in Austin and I loved the hotel. The bed was super comfortable, the anemities superb and the scenery was gorgeous. I would definitely stay there again and I don't say that about a lot of hotels. I think we did a lot for a weekend. Friday we stopped in a local brewery and then headed to Duchman winery


Afterwards we checked in the hotel and then had dinner at Jack Allen's Kitchen. Saturday we slept in and had breakfast at the hotel then headed to the grocery store for snacks and then rented a pontoon for 3 hours. So relaxing!


Sorry for the blurry cell phone pics, sometimes it's just easier to whip out my phone than my camera. 

After the pontoon on Lake Travis, we stopped to change somewhere and then headed to The house of torment. It felt like high school again and I hadn't been to one since high school in fact. Prices have really gone up since I was younger. We paid $84 for the 2 of us. I mean there was 3 different areas, but wow! The first one was really the only good one, but I felt like the actors kept zoning in and scaring me more than the rest of our group. Maybe I looked like the one who would be most scared and they'd get a good scream. Ha! I guess it was an experience and I think I'm good on haunted houses for the rest of my life. After that, we headed to Home slice pizza for some awesome pizza. Highly recommend this place! We stuffed our faces, walked around a little bit and then headed back to the hotel. Sunday we had breakfast at the hotel again and then headed to downtown Austin for some sightseeing. 

I feel so much more relaxed now. Laughter and friends is a great remedy for stress. Have a great Monday!

2 comments: