Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

The ghost of Thanksgiving past

It's almost Christmas and here I am talking about Thanksgiving. I'll tell you what. This 4th baby is kicking my butt right now. I haven't had time for much work or hobbies these days. Pretty sure November was my worst month in business ever, but it is all good and I am grateful for the down time. I have faith in God's perfect timing and he has a way of slowing you down when you need to slow down. I had a forced maternity leave haha! The summer was rough. I was working harder than ever while pregnant, dealing with my toddlers and trying to have all the product ready for the Zulily sale. There was a lot of guilt around that time, so again I'm not complaining too much about a slow November. 

Last month was busy at home because we had family visit us back to back. Before I start talking about how it went, I'd like to go ahead and say "thou shalt not stay at the house of a woman that has a newborn, is sleep deprived, hormone driven and has other small children to look after." That's right I said it. It had to be said. Unless....yes there is an unless. Unless they are there to clean, or cook and do what they can to help. Not the other way around. My in-laws don't read my blog so I can speak freely, but I won't go into details. Anywhoooo.....we did tons of family things in November. We spent Thanksgiving in Naples, we went to Miami, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and were at the beach a few times here in Boca. 

{Naples}

I was missing my family back home in Texas On Thanksgiving and a little sad and irritated that we weren't going to do a whole traditional Thanksgiving dinner in home by ourselves (and the inlaws), but that day wasn't so bad after all. We went to the beach in Naples, then strolled along the historic district and ended the night having a traditional turkey dinner at Seasons 52. 

 {Naples}

{Miami}

{Miami beach}

Last week we were able to see our first Christmas parade here in Boca. Have I mentioned how much I love this city? Our one year boca-versary is coming up in January so I'll talk more on it later, but it's a beautiful city and I just love how it's near all these other cool cities and you can just hop in your car and get there fast.


Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine how hard it must have been to host family while adjusting to another baby. There's always an adjustment period no matter how many kids and not to mention how sleep deprivation leaves us less than our usual selves. Take care and wishing you well in December!

    ReplyDelete