Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Ava 7 months!


Weight
Currently about 16.5 pounds. She is wearing 6-9 month clothes. 

Health
This past month was not the greatest healthwise. No colds thankfully but she did get a bout of roseola about 2 days after she got her 6 month shots. Poor thing was miserable and hardly slept. She hardly sleeps as it is, so it was terrible. She had two days of fever and then a rash for 4 days. 


Sleep
I want to sleep! I want this child to sleep! She still won't sleep for more than 3 hours straight! It's awful. Most of the time she is up every 2 hours at night. Sometimes I wonder how much longer this will go on before I collapse from exhaustion. My muscle knots are aching more now and I've started to get migraines. My skin has not been great. I hate this. 

Clothes
She is in 6-9 month clothing and some 12 month. 


Diet
Still breastfeeding and I've contemplated weaning her because I'm her human pacifier at night and maybe she will sleep, but it's too hard. I do love our bond and it's still the best thing for her. She lost interest in solids for about a week but has slowly been eating a little bit again. 

Crying
It's better. She's been more independent so at least she doesn't need to be in my arms all the time like she used too. 



Milestones
She is a little crawling machine and said her first word "da-da" two weeks ago. She's also started to pull herself up a little higher but not on her feet yet. Today we started baby sign language so we'll see how that goes. If I stick with it, it can take up to two months before she does her first sign. 

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Is something wrong with her eyes? they seem far apart with a flat nose bridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Not at all. They look perfectly spaced apart to me. She has my almond shaped eyes. ;) Perhaps the camera angle from above makes it appear to you that she does not have a prominent nose bridge, but it's there.

      Delete