Pages

Monday, March 5, 2018

All about the bangs + my latest look


I always keep my hair long, but lately I'd say it's the longest it's ever been. I'm sort of just growing it as long as I can stand it. My hair grows fast, but not all my strands grow at the same pace. I have a lot of shorter hairs that haven't caught up to the longest strands and that definitely contributes to my ends not looking that full sometimes. Ideally I'd like to keep growing my hair until the shorter hairs catch up to the length of the longer hairs and then do a bigger cut and it should look fuller at the bottom. What also happens is that I have wavy hair but like only half of it is wavy. If I wear my hair straight inevitably some of the hairs will start curling at the nape and some won't. It's a little more time consuming, but my hair looks best when I curl/wave it. When I wear it straight it won't stay for very long.

So last year I wanted a change, but didn't want to cut any length minus a micro trim I did at home. I had been thinking about blunt bangs for awhile and waited till fall. I'd say I've had bangs since October now. It was only supposed to be for a month, but I've kept them longer because it really helps cut down on the time I spend on my hair and helps conceal my tired face from not sleeping--thanks to Ava. It's starting to get hot so I'm now for sure letting them grow out. Sweaty bangs matted to my forehead sounds not so fun.

I had my bangs cut at a salon, but I've been trimming them at home every 2 weeks. Here's a picture from when I had them first cut. She gave me a bit of a wispy look which I liked.


Once I started trimming them myself. H prefers them coming more up to my eye then shorter.


If you're thinking about getting bangs, I recommend it. With the right cut and style I think it looks good on just about everyone. Here are some pros and cons:

Pros

 Cuts down on the amount of time you spend on your hair. If you just fix your bangs, it automatically makes the rest of your hair look good. Throw it in a ponytail, or bun and you're good!

Makes you look younger.

You don't have to worry much about how your eyebrows look.

They look super chic no matter how you style them.

Cons

They make your forehead really oily....or is it just me.

They don't really stay styled for very long. 

Wind and rain are not your bang's best friend.

Inspo Pics if you are on the fence



Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment