Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Beauty on a budget

Olive oil face & body scrub 

Lately because of the temperature fluctuating and staying indoors alot, my face has been super dry and dull. I made a simple scrub using three ingredients:

  • Olive oil
  • Sugar
  • Honey


In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of sugar and half a teaspoon of honey. You can always change the consistency later. Mix it all around and it should resemble a paste.


Apply to your face and rub in small circular motions. Be gentle because the sugar is a little rougher than the average scrub you find at the stores.

When I applied it, I did it in the shower and used the rest on various parts of my body, like elbows, knees and feet. You can apply anywhere and by doing it in the shower, it was easy to clean up.

My skin definitely felt softer and more hydrated after using this scrub.

Give it a try!

 

6 comments:

  1. I think I will try it out! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i need to try this out! i hate it when my skin is very dry as well. how many times would you recommend using this in a week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay. Definitely trying this!! Thanks :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaydee 1-2 times a week. No more than that.

      Delete
  4. Ive heard about this. I need to try it out.

    Follow each other? xo

    ReplyDelete