Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

A little business


I haven't talked about the shop in awhile, so I thought now would be a good time. There's lot's of exciting things in store for FHJ baby and I can't wait to share them. The beginning of 2015 has been great thus far. Having relocated to Florida has not impacted the business in a negative way at all so I was thankful for that. The only issue I'm having currently is finding a new seamstress as the help I had in the beginning of the year is no longer available. I'm hoping I find someone fast so I can move forward with what I have in store. 

The first piece of exciting news is FHJ Baby is expanding into maternity accessories. This is actually something I had in mind since pregnant with Mariam in 2012, but I just couldn't get to it. Now is the best time since I'm currently pregnant again. Designing maternity accessories while pregnant will help in getting the measurements just right and figuring out what other expectant mothers find helpful. The fabric for my first item should be coming in this week and I'm anxious to get started. I'd also like to introduce mommy and me tutu's. There was quite a bit of interest on my personal Facebook for it in December and from our fans. All in good time though. As much as I'm itching to start making new products available for our customers, I'm also a mother of 3 soon to be 4 and family has always come first. Sometimes I look at some other shops who already have their own office and production area out of their house after 2 years and sigh, but then I remember that their path is not my path and we all have our different successes. They may not have accomplished certain things that I have and vice versa. As I like to say, "it's a marathon not a sprint" and I wish all entrepreneur moms success. It's not easy. 


My shop: FHJ Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment