Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

36 & 37 Week Bumpdate!



Today I'm officially 37 weeks!

Total weight gain: I'm currently up 24 pounds. It looks like I'm on track to be heavier than I was with my third, but less than my second. It's funny how each pregnancy is different. This is the weight gain with my other girls and what they weighed at birth:

Serena: I gained 12 pounds and she was 6 lbs 3 oz at 39 weeks. 
Layla: I gained 35 pounds and she was 6 lbs 13 oz at 39 weeks (induced because of low fluid)
Mariam: I gained 25 pounds and she was 6 lbs 10 oz at 40 weeks.


Maternity clothes? Yes! My wardrobe is so limited right now it's sad, but with only 3 weeks to go really what's the point of buying anything right now?

Stretch marks? Just some old ones from Mariam. My belly was so pointy with her that I suppose it was inevitable. Thankfully there are only a few and they stayed white. 

Sleep: Thankfully it doesn't take me as long to fall asleep as it used to before, but I am waking up around 3 or 4 am to use the restroom. Mariam is still coming into our room between the hours of 12-3 so there are a lot of interruptions. One day I'll get to sleep through the night right?

Best moment this week: Found a few cute things for the baby. I packed my hospital bag and washed all the baby's clothes so I think we are set! Oh wait....still need to get a new bassinet and baby bathtub. I've been holding out for a cute barely used on Craigslist since babies only spend such a short time in there before they outgrow it. If I don't find anything I'll just have H buy a new one when the time comes. 


Movement: A busy little bee like usual. I feel her poking everywhere.

Food cravings: The last few weeks I've been having oreos and a glass of milk every night before bed. My chocolate craving is going strong as usual. 

Labor Signs: The braxton hicks contractions feel like they've been getting stronger and it turns out at 35 weeks I was 1cm dilated, but that doesn't mean much. Plenty of women dilate early or are at least 3 cm for a while and still end up going to their due date or past. 

Symptoms: The middle part of my back still hurts a lot and there's been a lot of sharp pains in my cervix that literally make me double over. I'm happy to report my mood has been much better though. I haven't been feeling weepy and emotional as much anymore. 

XOXO

1 comment: