Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Beauty talk..

I actually have two products to talk about today and a video to show you on an awesome trick to conceal under eye baggage. I'm sure all you mommies with babies that keep them up are going to love this!

I'm going to start with a negative review first. As I mentioned before, my roots are pretty bad right now but not noticeable in my last post below, which is one reason I'm kicking myself because I should have just left well enough alone. Well I purchased Clairol's root touch up this weekend from Walmart and I applied it this morning. Let's just say I'm very dissapointed. I left the dye on even longer than the recommended 10 minutes and it hardly took. In fact my roots look even darker. I hate it. That's what I get for thinking a $5 product was going to do anything. The thing is I've used it before years ago and it worked fine.

Never again!



So yep, now I'm just going to wait another 1-2 weeks before I decide what to do next.

Another product I purchased was Maybelline's instant age rewind eraser dark circles treatment concealor. I know this one has been around for awhile now but I'm just now trying it. I usually use a Laura Mercier concealor but I ran out and thought I'd try this since I've heard good things about it.



I'm happy with it and I recommend it. It does a really good job. I have to say the texture is a little thicker than Laura Mercier's concealor but overall I feel the coverage is the same. I've heard the applicator is a little tricky to use at first and I did have to give it quite a few turns the first time, but now it comes out easy. I just dab a little on and then blot with my sponge.

Earlier this year (back when miss Layla was still not sleeping through the night) I was searching YouTube for some good under eye concealor tricks and I found a video with a trick I've never seen before. What a novel idea! You must watch and try it for yourself. I've been doing it ever since, only what I do is I conceal the under eye are as I normally do and then put a little more concealor just along the shadowy area and blend down. Watch the video and you'll see what I mean.







No comments:

Post a Comment