Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My great love..


"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." 

~ Sam Keen


I'm so thankful to have H in my life!! With each passing year I fall more and more in love with him. I was crazy about him when we were dating and I still am. I still love when I see his name come up on my caller ID when he calls me from work-or from anywhere really.

I really feel so lucky to have him and I appreciate how hard he works for us. I try to make his life as easy as possible by being supportive, keeping the house clean, having dinner cooking when he comes home, and taking care of errands. Some of the other stuff I do may be considered 1950's, but I do these things because we both give and take in the relationship and don't take each other for granted. If I serve my husband first it has nothing to do with being submissive and subservient. I do it out of respect and love for him. He has always loved me and treated me the way I've wanted to be loved and treated.

I never really had a dream guy in mind when I was little other than the standard tall and handsome, but who would have thought the love of my life would come from the opposite side of the continent. H was born in Jordan and moved to the US when he was around 7 years old. He is the baby out of 7 kids. We actually met through a mutual friend dated for almost 2 years and he proposed at the Hotel Monaco in Seattle. He is Muslim and I am Catholic so after a secret ceremony on September 26th (another story), we pledged our love again the next day on September 27th in front of our family and friends. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. I'll talk all about it in September when our anniversary comes up.

Seeing him with our girls just makes me fall even more in love with him. I can't even describe the feeling. He's such a good father and loves his girls immensely. I thought maybe with this pregnancy he may be more nonchalant about it, but once again he's proved me wrong. He makes sure I'm taking care of myself and protects me. He is not put off by my growing belly and places his hands on it alot to feel the baby move. Best of all he makes me feel beautiful and sexy.

People say marriage is hard work but honestly I haven't felt that way. Maybe because we've always had common goals and enjoy marriage and all that it brings. We love and respect each other but we have our disagreements too. He has his bad habits and I have mine. You have to pick your battles. For instance do I want to yell at him about leaving his stinky work socks in the living room, or should I get on him about not taking the trash out. Ha-ha! He would probably complain about how quick tempered I can be or how these pregnancy hormones make me fly off the handle. 

We've both changed over the years but I still find him as handsome as the day I met him.





We've been through our fair share of life events: A wedding, pregnancies, searching for our perfect house, a miscarriage, career changes. Through it all he's always been supportive and is always so calm and reassures me when I start worrying. As I mentioned before we had a hard time trying to conceive our second (Layla) and I had a miscarriage before her. I actually had my D&C the day before one of her wedding anniversaries and I was devastated. I remember I had to buy a new anniversary card because the one I had already written had the baby mentioned. My heart was broken but H was always strong and knew that we would concieve again one day and not to worry. He never lost hope and sure enough our second blessing came.


I wish I had pictures of Serena as a baby on the computer but this was 2002 when I still used a disposable or polaroid camera. Alot were also accidentally lost. I do have a few baby pictures but more family pictures than anything starting when she was little.


Love him!




2 comments:

  1. I would love to see more of your wedding photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do a post all about our wedding, the planning, and pictures soon. :)

    ReplyDelete