Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

It's a new year..


I keep telling H we need to write down our goals that we want to accomplish for the family this year, whether it's doing certain things with the kids, or starting projects around the house etc....Alas we still haven't done it, but I have thought about my individual goals. These are some of the things I hope to accomplish or work on this year:

* Potty train Layla
* Spend more time with Serena (the littlest ones require so much that it's often hard to focus on playing games that Serena wants to play. I'd like us to be able to spend more time one on one.)
* Bring the keyboard out and play more. Resume lessons with Serena and introduce it to Layla
*Work on my arabic. It's a shame that H and I have been married for awhile and I still only know a few words. Adding onto that, speak to the girls more in spanish and arabic.
* Stop being so OCD about the house being clean. I'm bad about that, but I feel calm and more relaxed when the house is tidy. Of course with 5 people in the house it's a constant battle to keep it clean.
* Work out more. With almost back to back pregnancies, I haven't been able to have my body the way I want it. I'm lucky in that I'm naturally thin, but I'd like to sculpt it better. It's been an incubator and a feeding machine for quite some time now.
*Let the little things go, don't get so annoyed.
* Take the wall paper off the kitchen. This should be a family goal, but if I don't get it started, I don't see anyone else starting it. ::Ahem:: ::cough::.
Continue to work on my business. Get into more boutiques.

To help me achieve some of these goals I bought this cute planner from Target the other day. I love cute planners. ;)

Last but not least, a quick outfit post. With the cold weather, I haven't gone out much--thus staying in my lounge pants and tops a lot. I haven't been getting ready for the days early in the mornings like I used to. Then again it's hard with a newborn and a toddler that wake up around the same time, and taking Serena to school. Nothing special, but I thought I'd share anyways so you can see where I'm at about 2 months postpartum. I will do a more detailed postpartum update at about 4 months. Yesterday I worked out and danced for about 45 minutes and I plan on staying at it at least 5 days a week.


1 comment: