Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Mariam Month 3

Clooooose up...;)

Weight
I'm not sure what she's weighing these days, but she is getting to be quite the little chunker. Yes sirree. Baby likes to eat!

 Health
 So far so good. Her stomach still gets upset from time to time over things I might have eaten that don't agree with her, but I can't pinpoint exactly what they are. I already am dairy free.

Sleep
You know how babies are supposed to spend most of their newborn days sleeping? Well not this one. Sometimes I'm convinced she's a robot. How does a newborn only take about 2-3 10 minute cat naps during the day?! Some days she's good and will sleep at least an hour here and there, but not often. She's still sleeping through the night for the most part, so I can't complain too much. She wakes up once around 2-3 am. She used to go down around 11 pm and not wake up till 5 am which was nice, but not anymore.

Clothes  
Sad face. I packed up all the newborn clothing about a month ago. She outgrew those quick. She's in 3 month clothing now.

Diet
 Milk! Mariam doesn't really have a schedule. Since I stay home I pretty much just feed her on demand, or offer her some if she's being fussy for no reason. It's so hard to believe that in the next month, I can start giving her baby cereal if I want to. Where does the time go people!?

Crying
 I thought her crying was getting better but that only lasted for a week. She cries so much. From sun up to sun down, I'm dealing with this. It's exhausting. It really is. She still will not sit quietly on her own for more than 8 minutes. Needless to say I wear her a lot because she wants to be carried ALL. THE. TIME.

This is what I get for having such an easy pregnancy isn't? It's ok. You can say it.

Milestones
 Why just the other day she played Beethoven's fifth on the piano while reciting the national anthem. 

Kidding.

She is really good at focusing on objects now and can spot you easily in the room. I can be off in a corner trying to hide and she'll find me. Mariam also has great neck strength now and leg strength. She loves to use those legs.


Products I'm loving.
No products I'm loving this month. You know why? Because nothing works to keep her happy other than a pair of arms. Harumpphh! In seriousness though I may be loving the Mei Tei baby carrier. I just got it a few days ago from a friend, so I'm still learning how to use it, but I like that you can wear the baby on your back or side. I still love the Bjorn, but I can't wear Mariam on my back with the Bjorn.


14 comments:

  1. LOL at the milestones! My daughter was a super awake clingy monkey baby too. I can sympathize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Definitely new for me. The other girls were easy babies.

      Delete
  2. Hey there! Just wanted to toss it out there that Reed was having a really upset tummy last week and I read up on some things and it appears that he was having a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. It may be something for you to consider for your little one if the milk wasn't the problem. Once I concentrated on making sure he got more hindmilk he's been much better. Love the pictures of your little one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kare. I haven't really seen a difference in her behavior after getting hind milk or foremilk. I don't know what the issue is. I have noticed her colic is much better though.

      Delete
  3. Happy 3months Mariam! You and the babies look so good for being exhausted... MY son was also fussy (though, he wasnt colicky so it's clearly not the same) but once we were able to get him down for more naps (and moved his bed time to 7) his fussiness decreased DRASTICALLY. Maybe her being overtired is contributing to her fusiness. I'm sure this is stuff you already thought about cause you arent a first time mom but I just wanted to throw it out there. You and your children are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marian makes me feel like a first time mom all over again lol. Every baby is different. Well at least mine have been. ;) I think she does get overtired sometimes. With my toddler it get's hard putting Mariam down for naps sometimes. Not to mention, I'll get her to go to sleep and guess who goes waking her up sometimes?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Heh-heh I know! ;) I still can't get over how dark it is either. She gets it from my mother's side of the family.

      Delete
  6. Love reading your posts about Mariam because she's just a couple months older than my Kate. Our babies are so much alike it's crazy... mine eats allll the time too, cries a ton, etc. The good part is we already have kids so we know it all ends and then we'll (sorta) miss them being small. Thank goodness these weren't our first children - LOL! She's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lisa! Love reading about your little one. I keep telling myself that all this crying shall pass lol. I know it will go by fast. It's hard to believe that she will already be a year old this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three months already?! I don't know how thats possible! She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog! I came across it when I was looking up shoulder pain in a breastfed mom. Ha! I am pretty sure I need to use a pillow to support my new little ones head.

    Anyway I am a first time mom, but our new babies seem very similar. My little angel doesn't like to nap either. She loves holding her head up and looking around. By the way, I was thinking of buying a baby carrier. Which one do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Glad you found me. :) I really like the Bjorn. A friend let me borrow her mei tei, but I find I'm still using the Bjorn more and it's super easy too get on and off.

      Delete