Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Scenes from the weekend


A day late on this as I got my posts mixed up. I'm super exhausted. "These kids." I tell ya. I'm still recovering from Saturday and Sunday night. Let me tell you what happened.

Around 4am on Saturday night, something jarred H and I from our sleep. It sounded like a thud but we couldn't quite be sure because we were asleep. We just knew there was a noise that woke us up. H and I both looked at each other asking "what was that?" He tiptoes quietly down the stairs to inspect and what do I hear next?

"jingle....jingle" 

The noise was coming from Layla's room. That little stinker threw herself out of the crib (hence the thud we had heard) and was trying to turn her doorknob. I was relieved to confirm the noise was not a robber, but not happy that little miss Layla can now climb out of her crib. She didn't want to go back to sleep that night either, but finally did around 5:30 am. Her crib is a transitional one so the good news is we won't have to buy a toddler bed. 

3 comments:

  1. My 20 month old just did the same thing last week! Scared me half to death. We went right to a toddler bed the next day, because I couldn't bear the thought of her falling out again and hurting herself worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that vanity, how cute :) & the precious little baby sleeping in the swing, best feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that's so funny! Your girls are so adorable, and Miriam is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete