Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Back to school fashion

 
Over the past month we've been doing Serena's school shopping little by little and yesterday we wrapped it up by taking a trip to the mall. For the past few years we've been getting her school supplies from Target and getting most of her clothes from Macy's. She likes the wide selection and styles they have to offer so it's been her to-go store.

I really can't believe this is the first time we are shopping for Junior high! How in the world do I have a 6th grader? We also did her back to school orientation on Saturday and it was surreal to see her in front of her first locker and learning the combination. She is so so excited though and I'm really happy about that. I really don't remember what my thoughts were leading into junior high, but I do know 6th and 7th grade were my worst years. It was just a really awkward time for me and it didn't help that I was painfully shy. Like really really shy. By 7th grade I started coming out of my shell and by 8th grade things were pretty good. High school was a blast as I stayed busy with athletics and working. Thankfully Serena is not like me in the sense that she has been a social butterfly since day one. She'll be entering junior high with her friends and hopefully she'll do fine.

One thing she does share with me is a love for fashion and organization (most times anyways). She already has her first day of school outfit picked out and ready to go for next week. She is loving her new mermaid teal hanger from Oh Deer Creative that I recently got for her room. I can't get enough of these gorgeous sequin hangers!


 
 
Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment