Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Love'illy, the easiest gourmet pies you'll ever have!

I haven't really had many cravings this pregnancy, but for the past few weeks, I've had a craving for apple pie. I recently came across the company Love'illy and was very intrigued by their gourmet pie mixes. Just add fruit and pie crust. Heck yes! For a busy mom like me convenience is key, and if I can save time like cutting out the time it takes to make a pie sauce then I'm all for it.


Sydney the owner was kind enough to send over a few samples and we've only tried the apple spice so far, but let me tell you right off the bat what I thought. Delish! 


All the ingredients I used besides the pie mix were 9 granny smith apples and a pillsbury refrigerated pie crust. I simply peeled and cut my apples, put them in a bowl mixed the Love'illy apple spice pie mix in and viola! Ready to bake. At first I wondered how it would all come together since no water is to be added but upon mixing it a bit, I saw that it liquefies. So cool and I may have eaten a few apples with just the mix before it was baked. 


I used a ceramic pie pan covered the edges with foil before I put it in the oven. I baked it at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, took the foil off the edges and then brought the temperature down to 350 and baked for another 35 minutes. 


The pie smelled so good while it was cooking and once it was done and it came out perfect! It was soooo good. My mom is currently visiting us from Texas and she raved about it as well and had seconds. My whole family devoured it and I would have had more than 2 slices but I wanted to save a little for the next day. 


You can find Love'illy gourmet pie mixes here


Instagram: Loveillygourmet

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment