Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

The obligatory introdution

See "view my complete profile"

The end.

I'm kidding.

 I've got alot to catch you up on old and new blogger friends. The last time I was out and about in the blogosphere, I was still working full time in a job that stressed the ever living daylights out of me, posting about life, fashion and trying to concieve. Alot has changed. On May 6th 2011, a hair short of Cinco de Mayo, I gave birth to my second baby girl Layla. On December 30, 2011, I walked into my office for the last time, handed my boss my resignation letter and said "See-ya".

Yeah right.

In actuality, I mulled over it for months and gave a two weeks notice. I was lucky enough to take a 4 month maternity leave but when I came back in September, my heart just wasn't into it anymore. I was tired because Layla wasn't sleeping through the night, I was pumping 3 times a day at work. I was stressed, sad and losing weight by the minute. Nevertheless I toughed it out but I knew that my place was at home with my girls. This thought was a far cry from the former me. I always said I couldn't be a stay at home mom. I've been working forever, and moving up the ladder was always important to me. Funny how life changes your views on things.

So here we are. I'm two weeks into it and I love it! I love being able to take Serena to and from school, I love spending all day with Layla and watching her grow. I love that I can keep the house clean and organized and that I now have the time to work on my projects. I feel incredibly blessed to have this opportunity. Welcome to my life.

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading your intro and it is similar to my story. I was the working type of girl who loved working. My daughter was born May 4th 2011 and after taking maternity leave I decided to stay home with her too. Life does change your views. New follower.

    www.laurenrebecca.com

    ReplyDelete