Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend highs and lows.

The weekends just go by so fast!

I'd say I had a fair weekend. Well more good than bad. Well not bad, but not the greatest. I'm going in circles here..

Let's see. I bought this adorable necklace from Forever 21. I honestly haven't been in there for ages but I peeped in this weekend and I could not resist this adorable bow necklace. It was less than $2 lol, so who knows how many wears I'll get out of it, but I couldn't resist.



I'm a sucker for bows....and chocolate.

You know what would be even better, chocolate wrapped in bows. Yeahhh...

Another thing I acquired...from home actually, for free is this lovely burn on my arm from cooking spaghetti. Ouch.

Yesterday was spent at my inlaws where we feasted on some barbecue but we cut the night a little short. A fussy baby who skipped a nap and a sassy 9 year old just wasn't jiving well with me. Fast forward to midnight when Layla woke up after only being asleep for 2 and half hours.

That's when all the fun started. I don't believe she went back to sleep till almost 2:30 am. I'm not sure why she was so fussy. Teething I guess, combined with a diaper rash...again. :(

Needless to say, nerves were grated and my pillow case may or may not have some mascara stains on it now. Sometimes it's so hard when I don't know what she wants, and I'm so tired, and my muscle knots are aching...and this morning my husband wasn't in a very good mood having to go to work super tired. I don't blame him but I was a little hurt that I didn't get my morning kiss.

I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish today but I think I deserve a free pass of catching some more shut-eye and lounging around eating brownies. Yes. That sounds like a good plan.





8 comments:

  1. Those nights are hard, especially when they wont go back to sleep for an hour or two. I think you very much deserve some more shut eye! Ouch on your burn, those hurt! Sounds like a fun weekend : )
    Love your little bow necklace, f21 ihas awesome jewlery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....take today and sleep whenever you can and eat as many brownies as you want! It is monday after all;) Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read some of your posts. You have a beautiful family and you're so pretty. And holy crap you look just like Kate Middleton!! Your girls are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I hear you on the fussy, up-all-night baby. I hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite your sleepless night, at least you have a really cute necklace!

    I hope you get a chance to nap today! Sleep is always good.

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
    http://SWEATshirtDRESSshirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Denise. No way. That's the first time I've heard this but thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog!
    I always end up burning myself while cooking! Ouch!
    Hope you were able to rest today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a very similar burn on my hand from cooking risotto. Ouch indeed!

    xo,
    Stephanie (Big Mario Life)

    ReplyDelete